Recipients of Minister's Award for Excellence in Championing Gender Equality – VIVE08 March 2023
FREDERICTON (GNB) – In celebration of International Women’s Day, the minister responsible for women’s equality has announced the recipients of the third annual Minister's Awards for Excellence in Championing Gender Equality – VIVE. These awards recognize women and girls from diverse backgrounds who are advancing gender equality.
“Awards like these are so important to highlight the excellent work of women in our communities toward furthering gender equality,” said Tourism, Heritage and Culture Minister Tammy Scott-Wallace. “By celebrating the successes of strong, driven women who are making a real difference right here in New Brunswick, we are encouraging all women to pursue their ambitions.”
This year’s recipients are:
- Youth Champions – Caroline Stephen and Kate Palmer, both of Rothesay
- Community Champions – Louise Imbeault of Moncton and Hélène Savoie-Louis of Saint John
- Business Champion – Natasha Dhayagude of Fredericton
- Everyday Champion – Abby David of Fredericton
- Government Champion – Stephanie Sanford of Fredericton
“The work of each of these women has made an impact within their community,” said Scott-Wallace. “They are inspiring women around them as they pave the way for a more inclusive New Brunswick. I am proud to be able to give them the recognition they deserve.”
International Women’s Day has been celebrated in some parts of the world since 1911, recognizing the economic, political and social achievements of women.