Government of New Brunswick

Working on campus

Foreign students studying full-time may work on campus without a work permit (e.g. at the university library). Learn more about working on campus.

Working off campus

There is a federal program that allows eligible foreign students attending participating post-secondary institutions to work off campus for up to 20 hours per week during the academic year and full-time between study periods. Learn more about working off campus.

Work permits for spouses or common-law partners

Your spouse may be eligible for an open work permit while you are a full-time student. Learn more about work permits for spouses or common-law partners.

After graduation 

After graduating in Canada, foreign students may obtain a work permit for up to three years. Learn more about working after graduation.